|Nov 24, 2018||9:00 am||18:00 pm|
|Dec 1, 2018||9:00 am||18:00 pm|
|Dec 15, 2018||9:00 am||18:00 pm|
|Dec 22, 2018||9:00 am||18:00 pm|
OTHER IT COURSES
BLOOMBERG CFMP (CERTIFIED FINANCIAL MARKET PROFESSIONALS (CFMP))
CERTIFIED FINANCIAL MARKET PROFESSIONALS (CFMP)
I. Class Meeting Time:
The class meets for four days with 8 hours each or 4 hours for 8 days. Students
are required to use the terminals (minimum of 15-22 hours) for research,
navigation, and analytics.
II. Course Description and Objectives:
The Certified Financial Markets Professional (CFMP) Program offers students the
fundamental knowledge in trading various types of securities used by Individual
and Institutional participants in the Capital Market. In this course, a step-by-step
approach is done on how to trade Currencies, Stocks, bonds, and manage risk
using Portfolio Management. A conceptual discussion of the subjects precedes
the trading simulation. In the discussion; students are taught the basics of the
underlying subject by Practitioners/Coaches employed by Investment firms; after
which is a simulation, students emulate trading securities just as how it is done in
The Certified Financial Markets Professional (CFMP) certification program uses Bloomberg and Eikon Thomson Reuters terminals. At the end of the program, the participants are expected to have the entry level skills in equities, forex, fixed income, bonds, and portfolio management including fundamental analysis with securities valuation, news analytics, in-depth macroeconomic analysis, industry and sector analysis and company analysis.
With the use of the Bloomberg Professional and Eikon platforms, participants will become more effective and efficient in performing equity, forex, fixed income and bonds analysis covering wider global markets and sectors and gathering more relevant and pertinent data for the analysis performed. Research and analytical skills are both honed in the program equipping the participants a set of competitive advantage as a financial markets professional.
Bloomberg Professional Service Training Program and Eikon Thomson Reuters is a skills-based approach in learning the various functions of the Terminals through navigation of the software. This program gives participants the knowledge and access to real-time market data which traders, investors, and analysts use to make sound decision. In this course, participants are taught of the unique features of the software for research purposes, analysis of historical data, and estimated figures for financial forecasting.
Fundamental and Technical Analysis are outlined to keep the participants equipped in studying different types of Securities and Companies. The significance of analyzing reports, plotting trend lines, indicators and other charting tools are discussed as well.
Navigation of the Terminals outside the school can be costly and this Training provides participants the opportunity to access important collated market information such as currency rates, commodity prices, inflation, interest rates and other economic figures that are not readily available via ordinary search engine in the internet and other online databases.
- Course Learning Outcomes (CLOs):
By the end of the course, students should be able to:
CLO1. Explain the financial markets
CLO2. Identify and Measure the market indexes
CLO3. Analyze the behavior of financial market performance
CLO4. Perform company valuation thru fundamental analysis
CLO5. Exemplify fortitude, excellence, and uprightness through stock market analysis, forex, fixed income and bonds
- Alignment of Program and Course Outcomes:
Program Learning Outcomes
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Professional Skills
CLO2, CLO4, CLO5
2. Critical Thinking & Decision Making Skills
3. Information Literacy
4. Communication Skills
CLO1, CLO4, CLO5
5. Social Interaction Skills
6. Citizenship, Sustainability and Global Perspective
V. Teaching and Learning Activities:
- Interactive lectures on major concepts and issues with Power Point slides are conducted demonstrating relative Bloomberg and Eikon functions.
- Hands-on training
- Students are to participate in hands-on training on the Bloomberg and Eikon terminals.
- Group Project
- Students are divided into groups and are required to navigate the Bloomberg and Eikon terminals to come up with an analysis on the sector or industry or company assigned to their group.
- Group Presentations
- Students are divided into groups and are required to conduct a project output. Each group prepares and delivers a 15 to 30 minute oral actual hands-on demonstration and
COURSE TEACHING AND LEARNING
Course Teaching and Learning Activities
Expected contact hour
Equities and Navigation
Forex and Navigation
Fixed Income, Bonds and Navigation
Portfolio Management and Navigation
Assessment, Presentation, Examination
Course Outline: Using Bloomberg and Eikon Terminals
- Collecting Data
- Identify and Select information media Source.
- Utilize other market information providers
- Gathering Fundamental data
- Collect relevant policy announcement
- Collect information on specific indices
- Use preferred technical analysis tools
- Use technical indicators
- Equities Portfolio Building
- Harmonize relevant fundaments and technical data
- Allocation of fund to the chosen sectors to be invested
- Choose the stock/s per sector to purchase and identify the weight allocate per stock chosen
- Compute projected profit per placement using trade
- Stock Trading
- Executing Buy and Sell orders
- Equities Portfolio Monitoring.
- Monitoring end of day position status.
- Viewing stock portfolio, identify day change
- Restructure portfolio if necessary
- Collate relevant macroeconomic data
- Collect data from Bloomberg and Eikon
- Collect data from other news source
- Open charting function and use the tools prefer for technical analysis.
- Analysis of Collated Data
- Study the probable effects of data, analyze the probable outlook for the currency pair.
- Prepare for any relevant monetary policy announcement for the day.
- Identify opportunities with charts/ technical analysis
- Identify the trend and spot the support/ resistance levels.
- Market Prognosis and Deal Strategy Execution
- Consolidate existing fundamental and technical data
- Identify the appropriate timeframe of the trade if it’s an intraday, medium term or long term trade.
- Start of the day position and liquidity management.
- Manage FX trade position
- Manage FX liquidity position
- Dealing the markets
- Check the worthiness of dealing channels/ medium
- Buying FX
- Selling FX
- Execute Dealing/Buying/Selling
- Dealing directly with banks
- Responding/Accepting Deal Call
- Dealing using E-Platforms
- End of the day position and liquidity management
- Open and review FX trading Blotter
- Review end of the day cash position
- Close the liquidity books for the day.
FIXED INCOME AND BONDS
- Exhaustive Market Analysis
- Gathering economic data
- Assess fundamental data releases
- Identify correlation between market indices
- Identify approaches in trading
- Market Dealing Strategy
- Establish market directional view, watch for trading opportunity based on trading plan
- Determine whether to leave prices with brokers or call direct
- Assess whether you’re a price taker or market maker
- Dealing the Bond Market
- Ensure all electronic dealing platforms are working
- Check approved counterparties that you can deal with
- Buying fixed income securities
- Selling Fixed Income
- Electronic Trading, execute deals via E-platforms
- Investor Profiling
- Financial profile, purpose of investment, objectives, risk profile etc.
- Market Exhaustive Analysis
- Identify and select information media source.
- Using Top-Down Approach
- Matching investor with the market
- Portfolio Building
- Determine the size of fund to be invested
- Determine the expected return of the portfolio
- Portfolio Execution
- Determine platforms to use and service provider to transact with.
- Portfolio Monitoring
- Viewing portfolio performance, identify day change.
- Identify instruments for needed cut loss and execute sell order
BLOOMBERG PROFESSIONAL SERVICE TRAINING PROGRAM AND EIKON THOMSON REUTERS
INTRODUCTION ABOUT BLOOMBERG AND EIKON TERMINALS AND IT’S FUNCTION.
BASIC NAVIGATION OF EIKON AND BLOOMBERG TERMINALS
BASIC RESEARCH USING EIKON AND BLOOMBERG